Overpressure Protection Relief System
The Overpressure Protection (OPP) Relief System is one of Maxx’s innovative designs built for a valued Customer. The fully automated system is installed to protect pipelines that are derated. The basic operation of the OPP Relief System includes:
- The 12” inlet is split and goes to two primary pressure control valves and 2 backup pressure safety valves.
- To prevent an overpressure event, the upstream pressure transmitter sends a signal to the Bristol RTU which directs the PCVs to open systematically and vent gas through the vent stack to reduce the pipeline pressure.
- If the PCVs fail to open, the PSVs will open to reduce the pipeline pressure. At the same time, an alarm is sent to the Customer Gas Control Center to warn them to lower the pressure in the pipeline.
12″ Piping Includes
- 12″ 1440 PSI inlet piping
- 2 x 8″ PCV
- 2 x8″ PSV
- 8 meter high vent stack
12″ Communications Skid Includes
- 5220 Thermoelectric Generator
- Bristol RTU
- Satellite and cell communication towers
- SCADA system
- Storage for fence, piping, cement blocks